Friday, September 11, 2009

It's that day again.

So as we all know, about 8 years ago some pricks that were pissed at the ol' U.S. took a couple of our planes and rammed them into a few buildings. We at the DoF give a heartfelt "sucks, man" to anyone who lost anyone in that terrible Television event.

But steering away from the DoF and speaking only in my Reno pants; (which are generously let out in the crotch) let's tune down the Lee Greenwood for a second and use this day to also educate ourselves on why people hate us the way they do.

Is it because of our "freeedum" like ol' W. would preach? No. The particular brand of freedom he speaks of only really applies to old money white folk anyhow. While Muslim fundamentalists are generally crazy fucking nut bags (Seriously dude? Kill all that don't agree with you. The world may take issue with you), we need to stop playing the victim role on this one. Well, besides the actual victims. You go ahead.

But to those who merely watched it on TV, and use it as some aggressive battle cry for America; I have two suggestions:

1.) Read some history. Get a scope of how things actually work. Maybe check out "The Way Things Work" By David Macaulay. You need a crash course. In everything.

2.) This. You poor, poor man.

Granted, we've done some lovely things that the world powers in history's past wouldn't have done. I mean we let Canada hang around when our friends are over, even kind of treat them like part of the crew. We're pretty cool.

But we have wronged many-a-rebuilding nation.

and I'd like to disclaim "IN NO WAY DO WE CONDONE WHAT HAPPENED 9/11/2001, NOR DO WE SUPPORT IT OR BELIEVE WE 'DESERVED' IT." However, taking into effect all we have done to others, a logical man cannot be surprised of an attack.

I can comfortably say that whatever our government did was probably in the best interest for us, while destroying others. I understand this. However, there will be a reaction for every action.

I was going to do a buttload of research to kinda thumb through all what we've done, then I got lazy and just pulled up Michael Moore, which I hate doing since he totally makes this look like some commie-lefty statement when all I'm trying to say is that we're no angels.



My point is this. To have a day of remembrance is dope. My point is NOT to shit all over that. Those people didn't deserve to die. Nobody deserves to die like that, and worse, to have whorish media companies have their biggest profit day ever, continuously showing 3,000 people murdered in slow-mo from 100 different angles.

But we must also understand this has a chance of happening if we keep pissing on bee hives.

Maybe instead we pull all of our military bases and the trillions of dollars we spend on overseas military bases, stop being the world's police, and start getting our country back on its feet.

Or, ya know, spend all the money we don't have on a war we can't win. Ya know, whatever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Moore is a liar. Anyone can take any event or person and give carefully selected "facts" about it or them and make you believe just about anything. It's the favorite game liars like Moore play on the ignorant. For Example;
A young girl comes to a new land and her first act is to kill a woman. After she kills her she steals her shoes. Then she gets together with three other people and she kills another woman.
What is this story? It's "The Wizard of OZ".

Reno Gruber said...

I know, Moore is a tough person for me to quote or show. I was using it for dramatic effect. But the point of the video is still apt.

Its why I wrote the fucking disclaimer.

Paula said...

Anonymous, are you Gregory Maguire?

Anonymous said...

While I agree, my implicit support for the US remains, if solely through some trickeries of moral relativism.

I'd

Reno Gruber said...

You imply I don't fully support our country. I do. I see our country as the nation of people that reside in it, not the surreptitious government that rests in its stead.

blaine_fridley said...

U!S!A! U!S!A!

Anonymous said...

I support this country (USA)that lets people express their ideas. There maybe some countries that will take issue with "expressing" their ideas and they may never be seen again.