Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Day I Lost Faith in Humanity, part IV

by Blaine Fridley, Editor-in-Chief


Though it may come as a surprise to the millions of (potential) Diary of Fools readers out there, I am indeed forced to work a day job in order to cover the 99.97% of my budget that Google Adsense revenue does not.

As far as jobs go, I could do much worse. I know this because I have done much worse. Much, much worse. Dirty, filthy, unspeakable things. But for now, I will spare you the banality of my day-to-day workplace routine. In fact the only reason I mention my day labor at all is to set up yet another soul-crushing moment in the history of mankind.

This is a sign currently hanging in the men's bathroom at my office:


And for our Spanish speakers:


Apparently, GROWN-ASS ADULTS wiping boogers on the bathroom wall had become such a company-wide epidemic that HR had to take immediate action by way of this unfathomably ree-FUCKING-diculous sign (laminated, of course, so boogers could be easily wiped off). But even more ridiculous is the fact that HR apparently had this sign on file from earlier booger-flinging outbreaks. Just check out the date in the upper left hand corner.

Though, it is hard to decipher what, exactly, is the saddest part here. The fact that grown-ass adults are wiping boogers on the wall, or that some poor schmuck had to spend part of his/her day thinking of the most corporate, professional, HR-approved term to use for "boogers".

The Day I Lost my Faith in Humanity Archive:

Part I

Part II

Part III

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is hilarious. Blaine, that was a masterpiece.

Anonymous said...

i know of these diry unspeakable jobs mr Blaine mentions- i may expose these jobs to all if he does not cooperate with my demands

Anonymous said...

Ish. Gross. And, unbelievable (almost)..haha.