Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Day I Lost My Faith in Humanity, part VII



Soviet-era bread line? Queue for Rock of Love post-show STD testing?



Nope.




These people are waiting in line for...




...the NEW iPhone!

The very same iPhone, I might add, that will be available tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

Yes, humanity's finest took the day off from sniffing Steve Jobs' taint to camp out in front of Apple stores nationwide last month to declare to the world "Hey World, I just don't have that much to live for!"

And for their woefully skewed priorities, the people of the Steve Jobs Taint-Sniffing Army were rewarded with that intoxicating feeling of consumer culture superiority that comes with being the "first". A feeling that presumably expired a week later, when normal people walked through the doors of their local AT&T Wireless to purchase the very same phone over their lunch break. In 15 minutes.

The Day I Lost My Faith in Humanity Archives:
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V

Please visit: Humor-Blogs.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you explained that they were in line for iPhones.

I thought it was just another Friday at the DMV.

Anonymous said...

Hahaaa Dumbasses!!! Is that picture from Boston?

Sully Sullivan said...

Man, I'l stamp a great big "AGREED" on this one. Unreal these people. Apple is taking over the world.

Merton Sussex said...

As I understand it, these days Steve Jobs' taint smells a hell of a lot like chemotherapy.