Monday, October 13, 2008

I Salute you Philly

Vice-presidential candidate and self-proclaimed hockey mom Sarah Palin spent this past Saturday at a Philadelphia Flyers’ game to drop the ceremonial first puck. Philly fans are known to be the most brutal in the nation and they basically tore Palin a new one. To be fair, as the video goes on the initial onslaught of the very audible boos just sort of turns into a mash up of random noise. My favorite are the people giving the thumbs down sign in the background.

I must say that I am happy that Philly fans are obnoxious a-holes. Not only do I enjoy a good boo-ing and other generally obnoxious sports fan behavior, but most other places would have given her the obligatory golf clap and moved on. So, I salute you Philadelphia for always letting your true feelings be known, and for doing so in a rude manner.

1 comment:

blaine_fridley said...

in all fairness to sarah palin, philly fans would boo the baby jesus.