Thursday, January 22, 2009

The 2nd Annual DoF "That's Webtastic" Award for World Wide Web Creepiness


Only a few times in a year can you stumble so innocently on something so unreal it changes your standards of reality. By 2009, if a website surprises you in its earnest ability to blow your fucking mind, it deserves some accolades.

Before I go any further.

http://petsinuniform.com

Go ahead, have your mind blown, we'll be here to collect yourself when you get back.

I'm not sure where to go from here, ladies and gentlemen. But as a designer, the fact that they are getting 20 bucks for the lamest of photoshop job makes me both hopeful that I can kill and sad that people in this economy are still wiping their ass with Andrew Jackson.

I mean, the irony of a cat with a naval suit on will never stop being the height of hilarity to me.

I demand your comments now.

4 comments:

Frank White said...

...and yet my $10-a-pop "pick your pet up by the hind legs and push him around like a wheelbarrow while I sing the showtune of your choice" business never got off the ground.

It's the same amount torture for the pet, but I like to think it is more personal.

Frank White said...

Also, check out the YouTube video comment by "zwortnik". I feel like a total asshole now, but if I hadn't said it, someone else would have.

The best part is that their comments have to be approved before they show up. So my wicked burn has the implicit approval of PetsinUniform.

Anonymous said...

I'm petitioning to leave this sorry planet now...

blaine_fridley said...

knarf- don't give up on your "pick your pet up by the hind legs and push him around like a wheelbarrow while I sing the showtune of your choice" business. i want in.

eddie- if you find that alternate life-sustaining planet, let me know. i promise to keep it hush-hush.