Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday UnFunk

The worst song ever created?

LFO's Summer Girls.

I don't know what hell in my own mind brought this song up for the SECOND time in a month, but it is so incessantly horrible I must share it with you.

If you were ever a 15 year old girl in the past 10 years, you probably remember this song. And liked it.

Jesus. This has to be the worst fucking chorus in the history of recorded sound.

"New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits.
Chinese food makes me sick.
And i think its fly when girls come by for the summer.(For the summer.)
I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch.
I'd take if I had one wish.
She's been gone since that summer. (Since that summer.)"

Yes. That is the worst chorus in the history.

But the fact that Main Douche (Rich Cronin) actually tries his hand at talk/rapping and comes up with some gems like "You're the best girl that I ever did see/The great Larry Bird, jersey 33" and "Fell deep in love, but now we ain't speakin'/Michael J. Fox was Alex P. Keaton."

But also doubling as a terrible ad for overpriced prep-wear. Well you get the stink finger salute, LFO.

So here it is. Sorry.

RENO UPDATE: I just realized that video is rated 4 1/2 stars. Granted the rating system on YouTube is about as reliable as bridge made of dried boogers, I still hate everyone who voted 5 stars.

7 comments:

John Marshall said...

how fitting that you chose to unfunk the lyte funky ones...

how sad it is that i knew what lfo stood for...

Frank White said...

You just unmade my day.

Tajmccall said...

JM- Super sad.

KBXIV- Good.

Wanna feel worse?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Paula said...

Do you remember?

The summer we met?

Katherine said...

I don't know where to start.

1) Wow.
2) I had somehow succesfully completely erased any memory of ever listening to that song until just now.
3) Gross.
4) I was in a very zen mood having just come from yoga and am now in a horrible mood.
5) Ditto Knarf.
6) Ew.

Tajmccall said...

Again, just tickled at the reaction.

Misery truly does love to evite their entire address book.

JR said...

Haters! That's my ring tone.

It's not as good as 'Don't Trust Me' lyrics by the band 3OH!3...
"Shush girl, shut your lips. Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips."

It makes me want to close my eyes and wiggle.