Thursday, July 09, 2009

I Love You New York Newspapers

Local New York newspapers tend to be hysterical. They have ridiculous headlines and attention grabbing full page photos of something usually shameful. I don't buy any of them, I look at them on their stands from afar. I prefer to read one of the free papers they hand out at all subway entrances, exits, platforms, etc.

This morning I grabbed an "AM New York" and read through the little snippets as usual until I came upon this article and proceeded to choke on my laughter while on the train to work. (At least we have a lot of insane people in NYC, so no one payed me any mind.)

"Suspect nabbed in B'klyn butt slapping

Police may have caught the serial "butt slapper" of Crown Heights.

Cops were questioning a man last night suspected of slapping and groping at least a few dozen women in the past few weeks.

"These assaults are degrading, insulting and frightening for the women and families of Crown Heights" said City Councilwoman Letitia James (D-Brooklyn.)

The most recent incident, according to the NYPD, was on Sunday, at Crown Street and Troy Avenue. James said the man, described as tall and skinny, sometimes does his slapping while riding a bicycle.

Several of the victims were Hasidic Jewish women, James said. (Jason Fink)

No comments: