Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hot Sh!t: The Noisettes

Selected by: Blaine Fridley

Typically, I like to stay away from generalizations.

But if you don't like The Noisettes you're a baby-raping puppy-poacher with probable ties to Al-Qaeda.

No doubt about it.

I make this statement of fact the day after witnessing one of the most magical performances in recent booze-addled memory.

True, anybody that knows me knows I have a hard time sparing the hyperbole. But like, this time I totally mean it, guys.

Last night the high-octane trio from across the pond known as The Noisettes came to Minneapolis with one obvious mission in mind: to melt the collective face of the lucky couple of hundred people that realized they'd be playing (inexplicably) for free at the finest venue in town, my beloved Varsity Theater.

From the moment they hit the stage they oozed charisma.

They were affable.

They were gracious.

And had I been wearing socks, rest assured they would have been rocked-the-fuck-off.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blaine is the man! Diary of Fools is the shit! Love the band, thanks...

Vanessa said...

OMG I love these guys! Second time in a month they have popped up. They are like if Gwen Stephani, Erykah Badu and Amy Winehouse has a menage-a-lovechild.

I love Never Forget You.

Katherine said...

That was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Lucy Parker said...

good find . . thoroughly enjoy them