Friday, April 16, 2010

My American Dream


by Eugene Intrigue as dictated to Blaine Fridley, Man-Servant

Admittedly, I've not kept fully abreast of the health care issue. I'm not versed on the ins and outs, benefits and disadvantages.

But, being incarcerated for failing to have health insurance? Who would believe that?

(Google Image Search: "Tea Partiers")
I don't hate these people, but they make me profoundly sad. The potential we have as a country is enormous. We could accomplish amazing things - futuristic things... utopian things. The progress of our country is being slowed by misinformation and dogmatic principles and I'm unable to see a solution.

You know all this, already. I know, over time, the fallacy will reveal itself and unravel. The induced nausea from all this just comes from the knowledge it's 2010 and we don't have peace or modern transportation or sustainable energy solutions or global environment preservation or cool future clothes or robot servants or hover-boots... We have 2 wars, no money and the guy that's trying to pull us out is being fought, tooth and nail, by people betting their eternal souls on untrue, unfounded and illogical principles.

I just hope when my son is 40, he drives his electric car up to my levitating, geodesic dome and we share a bottle of wine in celebration of America finally not being known as an industrial, greed-oriented military superpower, but as the world's most congenial, generous, non-threatening country of all time ever.

Hallelujah, Shalom, As-Salamu Alaykum.

1 comment:

Merton Sussex said...

Clappy hands.