Monday, March 16, 2009

"Hey baby, could I get a scone to go with that shake?"

Bothell, WA

"I could cut back hours, I could let some employees go, or I could try and do what we could," said owner Alan Tagle of his struggling coffee stand.

And apparently after settling in for an all-night brainstorming session to save his business, Tagle awoke 9 hours later with only a puddle of drool and the word "boobies" scribbled on a piece of loose-leaf paper to speak of.

Well, as Mr. Cheney would say, you go to battle with the army you have. So he announced to his staff that THEY could keep their jobs, but unfortunately, he was going to have to terminate their blouses.



It seems what was once considered "sexual harassment" during times of economic vitality can now be re-classified as "effective business strategy" during a recession. Bet you didn't know that, huh? It's in the fine-print of the TARP Act.

Let us hope Denny's doesn't follow suit.

7 comments:

Merton Sussex said...

"And apparently after settling in for an all-night brainstorming session to save his business, Tagle awoke 9 hours later with only a puddle of drool and the word 'boobies'."

Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it, dude. I once sat in a brainstorming meeting, and at the end of a list of a LOT of good things that had been written down, the best one by far was simply: "butts."

I think you know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

"Butts" hahahahahaha

:)

Reno Gruber said...

I love how that is the best idea I've had yet at our brain-storming sessions.

Butts.

But really, the classic formula always tests the best.

Anonymous said...

You know, he might increase his profit margin if he just dropped the whole coffee aspect of this deal.

Merton Sussex said...

I know, right? There are places that make a pretty tidy profit selling JUST visible nudity.

I mean, I like coffee as much as the next guy. But it seems to me like once you add the "topless" element, it becomes less of a coffee shop plus tits, and more of a titty bar where you just happen to be able to get a decent latté.

Reno Gruber said...

Lord knows I don't go to the seville for their food, but they do happen to have decent food.

They do frown against eating a bacon cheeseburger while a young hussy is bouncing off your lap.

Anonymous said...

What's the typical payout for employee boob-burnage. I mean if the coffee isn't as hot as the hostesses, aren't people going to complain?